miércoles, 21 de agosto de 2019

A Dream of a Walk


I was walking in the desert,

I was lonely, tired and thirsty.
But I kept walking; I kept looking... I kept wishing.
Wishing for something I was not sure I wanted.

Time went by, 
the path became flat 
and I found many hands to hold. 
I held some, 
I loved one 
and cried that one and a couple more.

Then,
I stopped walking, 
I sat and rested.
I found myself tired,
I found water, fresh air and a bench. 
I suddenly had many smiles surrounding the way. 
I took a deep breath and desired to walk the way as I did the first time... Using only my feet. 
I walked alone,
I walked away, 
I sighed out my sadness.
I felt fine.

I was walking in the desert,
he was holding my hand and I was holding his gaze.
What great state of mind!

I looked to the right to keep me sane 
and to the left to keep me kind to myself. 
I looked to the front and I saw his arms. 
he was waiting to be hugged.
I looked up and I saw the sky,
It was promising me no more thirst and a few more tears.
I looked down and I saw my feet.
My feet, those that could take me anywhere... 
Then I thought,
I could run or I could stay.
Yet I didn’t stay, neither did I run.
I kept walking and I kept looking at his eyes.

I stopped just to feel the breeze, to understand the basics of this walk...

With or without his hand, my smile will stay, and my feet can always take me back to this place. 
Then I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.






7 comentarios: